Welcome moms and dads!
My name is María. I’m a wife, mother, a Certified Baby Sleep Consultant and the founder of Sleepy Miracles Consulting. As well as this, I’m a Regional Director of the International Association of Professional Sleep Consultants.
Before becoming a mom, and after graduating from university, my career was my focus. It was the birth of my first child that forever changed my personal and professional life. My parenting journey led me to become a Postpartum Doula and a Newborn Care Specialist.
After the birth of my second child in 2010, the most difficult challenge for me as a mommy was getting enough sleep –for my newborn, myself and the rest of my family. I felt lost, depressed, and I didn’t like the mom and person I was becoming. Sleep deprivation was really affecting me. I knew I needed to do something, but I didn’t know where to start. I couldn’t have been more confused about what to do!
I began incorporating gentle and loving sleep habits with my baby. Once he started to sleep better, I was amazed by the transformation and how it impacted all of us. I was able to be the mom, the wife and the person I wanted to be again. This experience made me realize that I would like to be a positive help for other tired parents and I knew that there was a lot more for me to learn.
So in 2011, I furthered my education by becoming a Gentle Sleep Coach. A few years later I earned my second certification as a Baby & Child Sleep Consultant, and I’m currently working on my third certification as an Infant Sleep Educator. Learning and staying up-to-date is very important to me!
Now I get the honour and joy of helping families, like yours, that are struggling with their little one’s sleep, just as I did a few years ago. I absolutely love my job, and I feel privileged to be invited into the homes and lives of each family that works with me. I get the opportunity to share my knowledge, experience, and expertise with them. Accompanying them along the way and seeing how sleeping again transforms their lives is very rewarding!
Dear tired parents, healthy sleep behaviours are vital for the well-being of your family. I’d love to partner with you during these sleepless moments to create personalized solutions for your family. I believe that parents, and their children, should not suffer months (or worse, years) of sleep deprivation, especially when there are gentle and loving techniques that truly work.
I look forward to helping your family become well-rested!
A bit more about me...
I was born and raised in Buenos Aires, Argentina. In 2003, as newlyweds, my husband and I moved to beautiful British Columbia, Canada. Langley is home for our family of four.
I am a mom of two spunky, creative and absolutely adorable kids, Clara and Matteo, who sleep very well – most of the time!
I am a Jesus follower who loves my local church and being involved in the neighbourhood community around me.
I love making my house a home, anything DIY and am addicted to HGTV. I can often be found treasure hunting at garage sales, searching out the perfect antique, or painting furniture. Travel lifts my spirits and running keeps me grounded (I especially love running in the rain, which is great given our Vancouver weather.).
I think chocolate is always a good idea!
Additional credentials, memberships, + courses:
- Gentle Sleep Coach Certification – Kim West, LCSW-C (2011)
- Maternity and Child Sleep Consultant Certification – International Maternity & Parenting Institute (2012)
- Infant Sleep Educator Certification, Bebo.Mia and Brandie Hadfield (President of Attachment Parenting Canada) (ongoing)
- Infant Mental Health and Development Foundation Program – The Wonder Weeks Academy
- Trained Postpartum Doula (DONA)
- Trained Newborn Care Specialist
- SIDS for Health Care Professionals – American Academy of Pediatrics
- Infant Mental Health – The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto
- The Clinical Psychology of Children and Young People -The University of Edinburgh
- Sleep: Neurobiology, Medicine, and Society – University of Michigan
- Infant Nutrition – Deakin University
- Babies in Mind – The University of Warwick
- Waking Up Dry: Practical Strategies for Managing Nocturnal Enuresis with Howard Bennett, MD
- Adult Sleep, Pregnancy, Insomnia and More, Dr. Rosenberg, DO, FCCP
- Six Essential Skills every Parent Should Teach their Anxious Child, Renee Jain
- Montessori Principles, Darla Miller
- Potty Training, Sally Neuberger
- When Behavior Coaching Isn’t Working, Sarah McAllister- Naturopathic Doctor
- Understanding Children’s Temperament, Helen Neville
- Child Development and Attachment, Brandi Jordan MSW, IBCLC
- SIDS and other Sleep Related Infant Deaths: A Review of the Current Research and Recommendations, First Candle Organization
- Conscious Discipline, Becky Bailey, Ph.D.
- Cranial Sacral Therapy, Jodi Jennings, OTR/L
- Sensory Processing Disorders and Its Effects on Children’s Sleep, Jodi Jennings, OTR/L Medical Conditions Affecting Sleep, Dr. Lewis Kass
- Ruling Out Postpartum Depression, Dr. Shosh
- Reflux in Children and Sleep, Dr. Anthony Loizides
- Regional Director of the Association of Professional Sleep Consultants
- Member of Association of Professional Sleep Consultants
- Bachelor Degree in International Relations
- Business Management and Leadership Degree